Warriors of the Portal Warriors of the Portal

Incredible effort

I'm a 3D artist for Unreal and Source. That means I understand exactly how much effort was involved in building the character models, their rigging, their animation, the sound, the effects, the particles - all the elements to this movie.

While it has its flaws; mainly the inevitable 'floatiness' or apparent reduction in gravity, and no real sense of power to the blows, that's ignorable out of sheer astonishment at this video.

I mean, LOOK AT IT.

What a sterling, 10/10 effort.

There are times when the lighting isn't very effective, and the scenes can be a little grating - Gooseman's for example felt a little cheesy and out of character - but these are nitpicks that you as an artist will overcome through experience.

The varied endings, subtle interactivity, and sheer quantity of quality work will overcome any basic criticisms. While it wants refinement, that's because of the work, not the compression. I am confident you will achieve it.

And if this reads as gushing, good. That's what I wanted.

Dot Dot Dot - Animated Dot Dot Dot - Animated

That has got to be

The most awesome piece of voice acting I've heard in a long time.

It's better than John Freeman.

Billy Mays The Birth Billy Mays The Birth

Bizarre.

It's as if the narrating voice actor was afraid of sounding stupid, so sounded even more like an idiot; which ruined the sound element of the Flash.

Yet the animation was awesome, some other VA work was awesome. It doesn't make sense.

However, the style didn't work. Billy Mays begs for parody and slapstick comedy. Instead you use surrealist humour combined with crap jokes.

Next time, put as much work into your VA and script as you do your animation. Get help if needs be. Because Billy Mays deserves much more.

Street Fighter Chode Street Fighter Chode

I have never, in my life

Heard such incredible voice acting. I am entirely serious. Absolute commitment; giving it everything from screaming to the most 'wtf' scenes.

God that sounds gay.

But seriously. Epic work. I just wish I didn't have to find out that this was a parody of Street Fighter Club from the reviews.

Mastermind 5 Mastermind 5

Absolutely amazing

And while I like the Mastermind having a more imposing and dynamic stature, I think he still needs the use of shadow on his face. Made him much more evil looking, and therefore that much funnier.

Keep it up! Some of the best humour on NG.

Problem vs Power Problem vs Power

Very good

Tight piece.

Animated in time with the music, with a distinctive style in turn. The kinectic typography was neat and tidy, and smoothly done. Impressive.

I do have an issue though. Power is referred to as either 'superpower' or just 'godlike' ability as a positive; and as 'mugging' for a negative.

"Any man can stand adversity. A true test of a man is to give him power"

I think the piece could have been much more effective with more potent, hard-hitting uses of good and evil to contrast with the humour; after all, "there is only power, and those too weak to seek it".

WGJ4K: Mario Vs Sonic WGJ4K: Mario Vs Sonic

Overblown

Flash is an incredibly hard medium to work in as an artist. The painstaking hours spent drawing, colouring, animating and so on are sunk into pieces that you as an author have come to hate as much as adore.

While I appreciate this greatly, I equally think that what is being constructed should never be over-defended by fans and left open to constructive criticism; why? For the artist to improve.

On that note WGJ4K is dull. While the original concept was humourous and executed proficiently, with each subsequent episode the jokes get fewer and the entertainment levels drop. This happens to every film series, every TV series and every Flash series; the creativity runs dry.

The jokes are weak and lack subtlety. The comedy factor is lacking significant; I've become increasingly bored of the characters, thier design and thier voices. Your usual design is intelligent, but having 3 purposefully annoying protaganists is a very poor move. It's my personal belief that while a damn good idea, it's lost something. And needs a reboot or to be dropped.

I won't knock the animation itself; flawless. It's your script that sucks, and the Flash suffers because of that, and that only.

Robot Pirates (Official) Robot Pirates (Official)

Excellent

But I'm only writing this for one very good reason.

Make a download link so I don't have to rip your flash.

Ehehh.

WH40K Collab WH40K Collab

Front page

Needs blessing with this. A few dodgy animations aside, it's a bug-free, brilliantly written labour of love, that I can see from reading the BBS thread.

Fantastic work guys, and a pleasure to see some of the excellent art in there. One of the best non-staff collabs in a very long time. And that's not because I own a lot of Imperials.